Building upon previous work conducted by the Park and Open Spaces Design Studio in the Department of Landscape Architecture in CAP, the Spring 2020 Studio reconvened to assist and engage with the Halteman Village Neighborhood Association (HVNA) to more formalize plans for the future use of the underutilized Halteman Park, the former private Halteman Swim Club site. This space, after much hard work from HVNA and others, formally became a City Park in the Fall of 2019. The Spring LA Studio worked with HVNA, the City of Muncie, and the community at large to strategize, vision, and plan for necessary future improvements at Halteman Park. Many thanks to Building Better Neighborhoods and the Office of Community Engagement at BSU for their generous support of this project.
• Survey/images/feedback from community meeting
• Online heat map survey to build upon data gathered from community meeting
• Multiple park plan designs from over a dozen student teams (Grace DeBaun, Andrea Eageny, Stephanie Gates, Morgan Getz, Kaitlin Gobrogge, Elise Granlund, Emma Hawkins, Jared Heitkamp, Allison Janik, Emilee Lemmer, Meaghan Lessley, Eva Martin, Sophie Moody, Bryce Muller, Drayson Nespo, Keller Oeth, Violet Overstreet, Ciera Silva, Claire Thurlow, Krista Walterbusch)
• Two students (Emma Hawkins and Krista Walterbusch) coalesced multiple student designs into one design (plans, perspectives, sections, etc.) and created a planning report for HVNA and the City to assist them in moving forward. (see below)
• Flythrough video (see below)